Parish History

Photos through history

Rev. Isidore Ricklin, O.S.B; Called "Chief Thunderbolt" by the Comanches

Rev. Willy Huffer (Pastor 1902)

Rev. W.P. Lamb (Pastor 1905-1925)

Undated photo. The first home of Blessed Sacrament Church was dedicated August 19, 1903. The brick school was built during the summer of 1918. The white wooden church was set on fire in a (supposed) hate crime 14 January 1924.

1928: Our present church was dedicated 30 April 1926. Notice that Gore Boulevard was still a dirt road. In 2007, these rare photos appeared in the St. Mary's Centennial display at the Great Plains Museum.

Church decorated for Christmas, 1945

Interior of church, 1977. The inside of the church was adorned with many beautiful statues, a massive altar, and altar rail.

Courtesy of Bill & Rita Watts Family Album: On December 27, 1963, SUSAN CAROL WATTS was united in marriage with RONALD LEE DUNCAN, (b. February 10, 1944 in Madison, Wisconsin) at the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Lawton, Oklahoma by Father McGowan.

Rt. Rev. Msgr. Ben Hulshof

Rev. T.W. Darnall

Rev. Elmer C. Schwarz

Rev. Elmer C. Robnett

Rev. James D.M. Stafford

1988. School and old rectory garage

1988. School and old rectory

1988. Old rectory

1988. Old side parking lot before new rectory was built.

1988. Construction of new rectory.

1988. School building.

1988. Old sign.

1988. Front of church.

1988. Vestibule of church.

1988. Interior of church.

1988. Apse of church.

Do you have old photos of our parish or school? Contact us!